Saturday, May 28
11am – The Lycoming County Veterans Memorial Service @ Veterans Memorial Park, West Fourth Street and Wahoo Drive, begins at 11 a.m. with retired Marine Corps Lt. Gen. Earl Hailston as guest speaker. Nick Biddle will sing the National Anthem. The Gold Star Family Monument is to be dedicated after the service.
Sunday, May 29
• Picture Rocks parade, 1:30 p.m. Forms at Baptist Church on Center Street and proceeds to cemetery for service. Retired Air Force Senior Master Sgt. Dale Wertman is guest speaker.
- Nippenose Valley Memorial Day services, 1:30 p.m. at Oval Cemetery. Speaker will be Rev. Max Furman, of Antes Fort/Oriole United Methodist Church. Fairplay Brass will perform.
- Cherry Grove Cemetery, Nordmont. Service at 2 p.m. Ham dinnerfrom 10:30 to 1 p.m. at Nordmont Community Hall. Cost is $12 per person.
Monday, May 30
• Williamsport — Civil War Soldiers & Sailors Memorial Day Ceremony at Grand Army of the Republic (G.A.R.) Circle, Wildwood Cemetery, 9 a.m. The annual event is a tribute to local veterans who served during the Civil War.
- Jersey Shore — Jersey Shore Veterans Council Lost at Sea at Route 44 Bridge, Jersey Shore, 6 a.m.; American Legion Post 36 military service, 7 a.m.; VFW Post 5859 military service, 8 a.m.; cemetery service, 9 a.m.
- Salladasburg — Parade, 11 a.m. Forms on Dochter Street. Veterans honored at Salladasburg United Methodist Church.
- Loganton — Parade, 2 p.m. along Main Street. Patriotic ceremony to follow. Chicken BBQ, 3 p.m. at Sugar Valley Fire Hall, 24 W. Anthony St. Fire company to hold annual raffle drawing later in the afternoon
- Muncy — Parade, 11 a.m. Forms at East Mechanic and North Main streets and ends at cemetery. Graveside service to follow.
- Montoursville — Memorial Day Service at Montoursville Cemetery, 10 a.m.
- Hughesville — Parade, 9 a.m. Service to follow at Pleasant Hills Cemetery with Rev. Jerry Uppling, pastor of Picture Rocks Baptist Church, to speak. In case of rain, service will be held in Hughesville High School auditorium.
- Montgomery — Parade, 9 a.m. Forms at Bower Decker Post 25 American Legion and proceeds south on Broad Street to community park. Service in park to follow.
To honor the more than 66,000 veterans who have fallen in combat since the Vietnam War, Air Force Master Sgt. Leo Knight-Inglesby on Memorial Day will lead a 3.33-mile walk from the Market Street bridge to the Maynard Street bridge along the Susquehanna Riverwalk in Williamsport. The walk begins at 9 a.m.