Governor Wolf Veto’s Restaurant Bill

Bill 2513 was making its way through the legislation, with the hopes of allowing restaurant owners to open back up at 100% capacity, before governor wolf promptly vetoed it. His decision to veto was made on the grounds of keeping the public safe and promoting mitigation efforts. He also sited that the bill contained “constitutional infirmities” stating in his veto message that it attempts to take away executive authority during the existing covid-19 disaster emergency. Click here for Governor Wolf’s veto message.

Hasting Street Fire

The Williamsport fire department along with many others responded to a house fire at 520 hasting street around 5 o’clock Monday evening. Traffic was rerouted around the scene, as Nesbit, DuBoistown, Loyalsock and Montoursville fire Departments arrived. While it was a relatively quick job lasting only 30 minutes before being extinguished, one firefighter was transported to UPMC for evaluation. At this time his condition is unknown. The property owner is also currently unknown.

Domestic Violence Charges Filed

Stonington State Police did a welfare check on the 800 block of Adams Road. The Lower Mahanoy Township resident, sent a text message to a witness saying they were hiding under the bed, prompting the police to come knocking. When officers arrived, the victim alleged Tracy Adams and her had gotten into an argument, ending in him slapping her and holding a knife to her throat. Adams was arrested and charged with first degree felony aggravated assault, second degree felony aggravated assault, two counts of third degree felony terroristic threats, and third degree felony endangering the welfare of children. Adams is currently being held on $75,000 monetary bail.

Corrections Officer Flees Police

A man claiming to be a corrections officer at the Lycoming county prison, is facing a felony evading charge after leading police on a high speed chase. Last week, Muncy police officer Raymond Kontz III was patrolling for speeders in Brady township around 11 pm when he saw Devin Baily going 75 in a 45. When the lights went on, Baily showed no signs of stopping, reaching top speeds of 95 mph. eventually, the officer cut Baily off, successfully slowing him down, and detaining the suspect. Upon further investigation baily was found to not have a motorcycle license and was jailed with a 50,000 dollar unsecured bail.